STN's provide individual help with:
- Care of your stoma
- Product advice and information
- Maintaining healthy skin
- Dietary Issues and medication
- Wound Management
- Support services
- Lifestyle issues
- Help with referrals to other services
- Emotional support
Specialist Stomal Therapy Nurses (STN) are based at Bundaberg Base Hospital and Hervey Bay Hospital and are available for all Ostomates to receive advice by phone or in person (by appointment) from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Stomal Therapy Nurse services are available to all persons with a stoma including those with private health fund cover.
STN's also provide visiting services across the Region. Our Bundaberg STN is available by appointment at WBOA premises every Wednesday from 12.30pm to 2.30 pm Phone WBOA on 41524715 to make an appointment.
It is recommended that all Ostomates visit a Stoma Therapy Nurse at least once a year.
In an emergency please call 000 or go to your nearest hospital.
Remember for phone advice you can call 1300Health (1300432584)
Make an appointment with your STN if you are:
- having skin problems;
- developing a bulge around your stoma;
- experienced any other problems or you pouch is not staying on;
- seeing a change in the size or shape of your stoma;
- experiencing significant weight changes;
Please note that WBOA staff and volunteers are not qualified to provide medical or any advice regarding appliances or pharmaceuticals.